Michael D. Moberly, Principal, Founder, kpstrat
Whenever, wherever, and whomever proposes the acquisition of another business’s already existing intangible assets, ala various forms, contexts, and applications of intellectual, structural, and/or relationship capital, in the tech, social media sectors, or other sectors, it is ‘due diligently prudent’ to recognize…
- the aspired – projected outcome(s) to an acquisition, are substantially dependent (near term and strategic) on-the-to-be-acquired assets stability, sustainability, and convertibility for competitive advantage, value, and revenue generation capabilities, etc.,
- which are likely – already embedded in the acquisition target’s operations and culture, and
- which presumably rendered that target ‘distinguishably attractive’ at the outset.
Advocates of any-every (business asset) acquisition, are fiduciarily obliged to differentiate an acquisition targets’ intangible assets which are in play, relative to their…
- current contributory roles and value-adds being produced (individually, collectively, and collaboratively).
- foreseeable – expected life – competitive advantage life cycle and contribution to ROI, vis-a-vis their,
- stability, sustainability, origins, safeguards in place, convertibility, application cultures, and risk mitigation, etc.
Readers who enjoy the various perspectives conveyed @ ‘Business Intangible Asset Blog’, are respectfully invited to read more @ https://kpstrat.com