It is an economic fact today, and for the foreseeable future, that 80+% of most company’s value, sources of revenue, competitiveness, and sustainability either lie in or emerge directly from intangible (non-physical) assets, i.e., intellectual, structural, relationship, and competitive capital…
• kpstrat serves client’s – company’s which are already (a.) intangible asset intensive and dependent, as well as (b.) client’s – company’s in which this may be their initial foray in the intangible asset side of their business, in addition to numerous other (intangible asset) circumstances.
• kpstrat’s operational familiarity (training) is designed and delivered in practical, yet graduate – managerial level contexts specific to client needs, preferences, and the types of transactions and circumstances in which their intangible assets will inevitably be in play.
Michael is routinely characterized by colleagues, clients, readers of his blog, and seminar-keynote attendees as an early thought and practice leader insofar as differentiating, unraveling, safeguarding, and exploiting businesses’ intangible assets by applying lucrative-competitive advantage strategies applicable throughout the assets life-value-materiality cycle, ala an intangible asset intelligent organization culture.
Michael has made progressive and challenging inroads in the (global) intangible asset arena as a strategist, risk specialist, researcher, author, trainer, and educator, and ‘fixer’! Evidence of this is conveyed through client engagement examples, briefing papers, and published papers, books, video, and 800+ (long form) posts at my ‘Business Intangible Asset Blog’ (http://kpstrat.com) consistently operating since May 2006, attracting readers in 137+ countries, kpstrat’s consistent research, publishing, speaking, and progressively challenging client engagements reflect the expanding needs-demands for effective and strategic leadership applied to the ‘business side’ of intangible assets.
kpstrat is among a small niche of fulltime practitioners nationally whose (client) services, research, and writing are executed, almost exclusively, through his lens as an intangible asset strategist and risk specialist, to…
- create operational familiarity and lay foundations for executing lucrative – competitive initiatives and/or transactions for intangible asset intensive and dependent businesses.
- merge kpstrat’s competencies to respectfully articulate and bring operational level clarity to, among other things…
- demonstrate how (internal, external) intangible assets develop, mature, and become embedded in business processes, services, and products as valuable intellectual, structural, and/or relationship capital.
- converting the contributory role and value of intangible assets through ‘best practices’ to sustainable sources of revenue, competitive advantages, and enhanced reputation.
kpstrat is an entrepreneurially focused consultancy in perpetual learning mode and accountable to clients – companies which are intangible asset intensive and dependent.
Michael ensures kpstrat is committed to effectively delivering a range of intangible asset related services to clients, each of which is embedded with principled foundations upon which clients can realize elevated and sustainable (business) value, create new sources of revenue, competitive advantage, and achieve greater (organizational) resilience to risks known to (adversely) affect the intangible asset side of their business.
kpstrat’s services are embedded in – evolve from three interlocking principles…
- listening and learning…
- observing, and ensuring clarity that mesh with recommendations, coupled with
- respectful and responsible leadership that lead the way to lucrative, competitive, and sustainable outcomes.
Collectively, these principles serve as Michael’s framework for initiating – executing each engagement, and play important contributory roles insofar as establishing respectful dialogue, productive collaborations, and lucrative outcomes for clients and companies alike.
Clients seeking operational familiarity (training) on matters related to the management, oversight, stewardship, safeguarding, conversion and exploitation of their intangible assets are first, encouraged to scroll through titles and content of blog posts, papers, and books in which to draw subject matter, issues, circumstances, and topics which represent a current-future need and interest, and second contact Michael to discuss how kpstrat can meet those and other needs.
Michael’s very productive 20+ year career in (university) academia, i.e., teaching, independent research, course-program development, etc., is applied to producing-delivering operational level familiarity (training) modules in contexts and formats to ‘fit’ clients’ needs, circumstances, and time frames.
Ensuring there is clarity regarding a client’s intangible assets and circumstances is key.