Re-purposing published blog post content from my ‘Business Intangible Asset Blog’…to attract new-prospective clients and sustain relationships with existing clients is a professionally impressive, dignified, and ‘message relevant’ marketing strategy.
The ‘Business Intangible Asset Blog’ is an authoritative resource… consisting of 650+ published posts (since May 2006, regularly read in 137+ countries).
I research, write, and publish blog posts to focus on…all things intangible. Each posts’ content can be readily extracted and re-purposed to deliver relevant and thought provoking messaging to business leadership in the rapidly expanding arena of intangible asset intensity and dependence!
An important key to the effectiveness to the initiative proposed here lies in the selection of specific blog post content…that aligns with professional service firms’ expertise and (their prospective, existing) clients’ current challenges as well as horizonal interests and needs.
It is a marketing strategy that produces respectful entrées to…
- deliver an authoritative and attractive (online-marketing) presence.
- attract new – prospective clients, and re-engage existing clients.
- bring clarity to the distinctive needs and challenges common to the rapidly growing number of businesses, in all sectors, some yet to be realized or exploited, but never-the-less are, genuinely ‘intangible asset intensive and dependent’.
- develop and bank essential – valuable relationship capital which elevates clients receptivity to conversion from prospective to retained clients.
- articulating professional service firms intangible asset (practice area) expertise, and
- getting a firm’s message to (a.) the right audience, (b.) at the right time, and, (c.) in a learned context!
- after all, it is an irrefutable – irreversible economic fact today, and for the foreseeable future, that 80+% of most company’s value, sources of revenue, competitiveness, and sustainability lie in – emerge directly from intangible (non-physical) assets, i.e., various forms of intellectual, structural, and relationship capital…
Conventional business marketing initiatives and content…are frequently interpreted as generically redundant themes and narratives, interspersed with dramatized ‘click bait’ FUD factors variously emphasizing emotion laden scenarios of fear, uncertainty, and doubt which presumably act as differentiators and attract attention of the receptive.
Admittedly, and especially for professional service firms…I am neither a proponent nor admirer of incorporating FUD factors in marketing, for these reasons, i.e., they often…
- moderate vs. elevate a professional service firm’s reputation and brand.
- are expensive, of debatable voracity, minimally responsive, and translate as highly choreographed messaging.
- omit the important prowess of genuine relationship capital, despite their derisory references to the contrary, and
FUD factors, by design, are intended to…influence targets’ base emotions, insofar as assuming immediate action is essential, ala ‘time is running out’ to take action.
Too, experience suggests that ‘marketing messaging’ anchored in FUD factors…may be, well received, by the operationally unfamiliar, but, far less so for business leadership already familiar with the materialization of risk to ‘all things intangible’.
When, in point of fact…prudent (business) decision making originating – rooted in well conceived, learned, and rational blog posts, encourages long term intellectual, structural, and relationship capital…
- the far more important and effective marketing realities which professional service firms which I am familiar, prefer.
Collaboratively re-purposing the content of client relevant posts from my blog…can serve as a lucrative – competitive component to professional service firms primary marketing strategy, because it…
- is a professionally impressive, dignified, and welcome means for on-going communication.
- delivers finely tuned and relevant messaging which horizonal thinking – acting business decision makers seek, and
- are learned preludes for converting readers from prospective clients to retainable and sustainable clients.
- is a relevant foundation – prelude to developing and executing professional service firm ‘inbound marketing’ initiatives.
- will, with high probability, be interpreted by readers as well researched and articulate rationales and entrées which professional service firms can rely and reference as essential to…
- developing new – reinforcing existing clients.
- distinguishing a firm’s (added) practice area expertise.
- and, perhaps most importantly, contribute to recognizing the lucrative – competitive relevance of coordinating practice area expertise to the delivery intangible asset services.
Assessing the influence of messaging select blog post content…occurs as readers – prospective – existing clients recognize the immediate relevance of and applicability of the content, insofar as…
- addressing current, near term, and/or strategic needs and risks which most will (inevitably) experience.
- being (competitively, lucratively) worthy of applying in lieu of independently devoting time and resources to conducting external, time consuming (third party) ‘snoop and sniff ‘ (marketing) activities.
- constituting a legitimate, learned, and ethical means to address current – prospective clients’ nuanced – sector specific business interests and financial-competitive ‘pain points’.
- elevating practitioners’ familiarity with the lucrative operation of intangible asset intensive and dependent businesses, and, importantly
- influencing same to seek individualized follow-ups with professional service firm providers…
- especially, when acting on ‘the content’ is a prelude to setting professional service firms apart from their competitors.
Professional service firm leadership intrigued by – inclined to pursue a marketing strategy leveraged with my blog’s content…will find it…
- is respectfully nurturing insofar as integrating language that appeals to – influences readers – clients decisions based upon relationship capital.
- converges clarity and rationale for business leadership to mitigate conventional misunderstandings, misinterpretations, and/or any reluctance – hesitancy to engage their or clients intangible assets.
Michael D. Moberly St. Louis April 11, 2019 [email protected] the ‘Business Intangible Asset Blog’ since May 2006, 650+ published posts, read in 137 countries, ‘where one’s attention span, businesses intangible assets, and solutions converge’!
Readers are invited to explore more blog posts, position papers, video, and books at https://kpstrat.com/blog
Reader comments, as always are invited and respectfully welcome!
Professional service firm leadership are respectfully invited to contact Mr. Moberly for details regarding executing this ‘inbound marketing’ strategy at [email protected] (St. Louis) and explore his books, papers, and blog posts at https://kpstrat.com/blogeR