IA Due IA due diligence is a reasonable ‘tool’ … in my judgement, for ensuring the IA’s (intangible assets) sought, i.e., their contributory roles to value creation, revenue generation, and competitive advantage, etc., ( A. ) will be wholly transferrable ( B. ) remain intact post transaction, and ( C. ) risks of compromise will have been exposed and reasonably mitigated!
Experiential ‘best practices’ for… acquiring reliably intact IA’s, commences, in my judgement, by conducting (pre-post) transaction due diligence – transaction impact analysis directed to the specific IA’s which will be in play, which includes,
- negotiating covenants to accompany business transactions intended to,
- a. unravel the origins and ownership of IA’s embedded in innovation.
- b. expose, mitigate, and monitor risks to essential IA’s, i.e., vulnerability to – probability of experiencing challenges and/or disputes.
- c. determine IA’s attractivity – receptivity to EEA correlate risks, i.e., predatorial ploys intended to compromise.
- d. ascertain essential IA’s sustainability relative to investment-transaction objectives and exit strategy.
- e. determine the fragility, stability, attractivity, and resilience of essential IA’s and risk criticality and incorporate same as transaction – innovation impact analysis .
- describe innovation-circumstance specific strategies to mitigate risk points w/o unduly disrupting – impairing resources and momentum.
- contribute to developing operating cultures, practices, and capacities to ‘hand off’ (more) intact and proprietary IA’s to coincide with the initial investment and exit strategies.