Michael D. Moberly July 4, 2008
The intangible manner which intangible assets facilitate, enable, enhance, and otherwise contribute to…a companies’ value and sources of revenue through its products, services, business agreements, supply-distribution chain, reputation, goodwill, customer-client satisfaction or create efficiencies and competitive advantages, represents its ‘relationship capital’. (Modified by Michael D. Moberly from the fine work of Denise Raybould)
Depending on which report you read, it remains an indisputable economic fact that…80+% of most companies’ value, sources of revenue, and future wealth creation lie in – evolve directly from intangible assets which include, among other things…
- intellectual properties (IP), know how, competitive advantages, reputation, and brand, etc.,
- ala intellectual, structural, relationship capital.
Effectively leveraging – exploiting (harvesting) the value of…relationship capital is increasingly dependent upon a companies’ interest and ability to…
- sustain (protect, preserve) control, use, ownership, and monitor the value of those assets, and
- their relationship(s) – contributory role to company products and services.
Exploiting a companies’ internal – external ‘relationship capital’ should be a (fiduciary) priority…because it (relationship capital) can serve as key differentiators in any market space and ‘pocket book’!
Prudent and forward looking decision makers’ who are effectively, lucratively, and consistently aligning their companies’ intangible assets…with core business strategies recognize their efforts will also serve as useful strategic planning guides to…
- distinguish which assets actually serve as contributors – drivers of value, revenue, and competitive advantage,
- and warrant protection, preservation, and monitoring, versus
- those which don’t and should be for selling, licensing, transferring, bartering, discarding, or allow to merge into open sources.
Michael D. Moberly [email protected] St. Louis ‘Business Intangible Asset Blog’ since May 2006, 600+ published blog posts ‘where one’s attention span, businesses intangible assets, and solutions converge’.