Michael D. Moberly is a Business Intangible Asset Strategist, Risk Mitigator and the Founder – Principal of kpstrat and ‘Business Intangible Asset Blog.
Every entrepreneur, inventor, innovator, and their management teams and investors, which I am familiar, are (fiduciarily) obliged to consider – recognize a key underlier to
- bringing their efforts to a viable – commercialize-able entrée with the foundational intangible assets reasonably + sustainably intact, the right…
- intellectual capital – specific knowledge + know how.
- structural capital, – specific processes, procedures,
- relationship capital – associations, alliances sources, etc.,
- which include provisional and/or conventionally issued IP(intellectual property).
- Should converge at the right time, in the right place, in the right way, at the right cost, and uninhibited by risk.
A bright takeaway of successive – continued years of experience in matters related to ‘business things intangible’, I respectfully recognize there are countless ambitious, thoughtful, resourceful, and well-intended founders, leaders, management teams, boards, and investors associated with the innovation sector.
Some though, variously assume their innovation and its defining operating cultures, and potential lucrative outcomes, i.e., development, testing, regulatory trials, financialization, management, and marketing, etc.,
- which are integral to potential commercialization, attractivity, and sustainability, etc., as new products or services,
- will converge faster and more securely than any economic, competitive advantage adversary and/or rivals’ desire – capability to undermine, devalue, and discredit same, along with reputations.
Of course, an entire recipe (proprietary information which innovation is reliant) need not be poached for economic – competitive advantage adversaries to declare a tactical victory upon accessing same, rather, a sufficient-amount to…
- create – accelerate costly and time-consuming risks, challenges, disadvantages, and harms to materialize – cascade @ keystroke speeds, to
- adversely affect the ‘mission essential’ intangible assets, e.g., their respective attractivity, sustainability, valuation, and future revenue generation capability-capacity.
Today, and for the foreseeable future, a percentage of would-be wrong-doers (ala proprietary information poachers – economic espionage actors) conceive – frame proprietarily developed – held business things intangible, i.e., non-physical assets, to be…
- less the (intellectual – physical) property belonging to another, and
- more as representative of symbolic perspectives – rationales held and expressed by parties they disagree economically, ideologically, and/or politically, to be
- accessed, breeched, divulged, and unrestrainedly argued via multiple online, streaming, and media platforms and venues.
Seldom will the above circumstances materialize favorably for the rightful – legal holder of their ‘mission essential’ intangible assets.
Respectfully, business leaders, et al, who may be unfamiliar with or convey dismissiveness toward the contributory roles – value adds routinely made by the ‘business things intangible’ which they are obliged to recognize, manage, steward, and oversee, in the context of this business economic – business operation reality…
- 80+% of most business’s valuation, competitiveness, revenue generation capability, and sustainability, irrespective of sector, size, maturation, stage, or location, etc., lie in – emerge directly from intangible assets.
The ‘Business Intangible Asset Blog’ is experientially-researched, written, and produced by Michael D. Moberly, to provide perspectives, insights, and additional and sometimes alternative perspectives to readers, ala business leaders, management teams, boards, and investors, etc., to aid in identifying, distinguishing, assessing, valuing, safeguarding, and lucratively – competitively utilizing -applying their ‘mission essential’ intangible assets.
Readers are-encouraged to review and comment on this, and other posts wherein arrays of issues related to business things intangible are authentically and practically conveyed.