Michael D. Moberly (author) is a Business Intangible Asset Strategist, Risk Mitigator, and Founder – Principal of kpstrat and ‘Business Intangible Asset Blog
Leaders across business sectors, are(fiduciarily) obliged to recognize the attractivity of brands, et al, they oversee, are…
- reputation intensive, dependent, and reliant.
Experientially, as a business intangible asset strategist, I am inclined to frame reputation (in a tidy – optimistic sense) as…
- the convergence of discernible perceptions + experiences,
- influenced by attractive + reliable forms and contexts of intellectual capital, ala knowledge – know how, structural capital, ala processes – procedures, and relationship capital, ala associations, alliances, and sources, etc.,
- conveyed in a manner that addresses a useful need at the right time, which-in-turn
- reflects internally as a favorable – sustainable operating culture, and
- translates externally as dependably fulfilling a need – preference for a particular brand, ala product, service, expertise, etc., to sustainably enhance a business – brand competitive advantage, reach-influence, valuation, and revenue generation capacity ala price points and investment.
We are reminded that 80+/-% of most business’s valuation, revenue generation capability – capacity, competitiveness, and sustainability today, and for the foreseeable future, lie in – emerge directly from intangible (non-physical) assets developed + applied in unique and often proprietary ways.
Today, arrays of social media platforms – streaming services, skillfully used, allow business reputations to emerge – materialize virally @ keystroke speed, relative to a product, service, and presumed expertise targets.
Conveying any pro – con aspects to reputation, e.g., relevance and performance, etc. e.g., home gutter fixes to skin rashes, can be conveyed – reflected by merely affixing ‘thumbs up – down’ while assuming little or no obligation to the convention ‘if it sounds to be good to be true…’.
Reputation sustainability appears, in many instances – circumstances today, to be variously superseded by ‘reputation resilience and endurance’. The latter enabled – facilitated by pursuing – developing receptive audiences in which to counter and defend adversities virally, @ keystroke speed.
Experientially, there are arrays of (often) fluctuating – increasingly sensitive variables, factors, conditions, and risks, etc., which can materialize – cascade immediately.
Business leaders, management teams, boards, stakeholders, and investors respectively, are (fiduciarily) obliged to consider – anticipate, irrespective of sector, size, standing, valuation, product, or service…
- less in contexts of if, and more in contexts of how, where, and which reputation risk – adversity may emerge. i.e., vulnerability to, probability of, and criticality when.
The ‘Business Intangible Asset Blog’ is experientially-researched, written, and produced by Michael D. Moberly, to provide perspectives, insights, and additional and sometimes alternative perspectives to readers, ala business leaders, management teams, boards, and investors, etc., to aid in identifying, distinguishing, assessing, valuing, safeguarding, and lucratively – competitively utilizing -applying their ‘mission essential’ intangible assets.
Readers are-encouraged to review and comment on this, and other posts wherein arrays of issues related to business things intangible are authentically and practically conveyed.