Michael D. Moberly, Principal, Founder kpstrat and ‘Business Intangible Asset Blog
It is an indisputable – irreversible economic fact + business operation reality that…
- 70-80+% of most business’s (institutions) valuation, sources of revenue, competitiveness, attractivity, sustainability, and future wealth creation, etc., lie in – emerge directly from…
- developing, introducing, and applying the right (sets, collections, collaborations) of intangible assets, at the right cost, and applying same at the right time, and in the right way, to particular-products, services, brands, and/or launches, and
- monitor – assess and mitigate risk to same for the duration of the assets materiality – functionality (life-value) cycle, is a good thing!
kpstrat and ‘Business Intangible Asset Blog’ describe 15-categories-types of intangible assets applicable to businesses across sectors. Practically speaking, these intangible assets are variations of intellectual capital (thought), relationship capital (goodwill), and structural capital (process) which we advocate…
- converge as – embed in business operating cultures.
- should be designated as ‘mission essential’, because they hold – deliver particularly attractive qualities, features, and competitive advantages, etc., associated with a business its products, services, etc., which
- translate – convert favorably as sustainably elevating (business) valuation, reputation, competitive advantage, attractivity, and revenue generation capability-capacity.
Experientially, there are two important preludes to recognizing that (a.) a business’s intangible assets are aligning (horizontally, vertically) and (b.) are materializing as advantageously relevant components to an operating culture.
Prelude One occurs (experientially) as – when…
- the products – outcomes applying particular-intangible assets are considered, attractive, admirable, predictable, reliable and sustainable to-for-by the intended targets.
- an operating culture (of a business and/or institution) i.e., its demeanors, features, and characteristics are being differentiated insofar as, sustaining existing, as well as (b.) attracting new-prospective buyers – customers – clients – investors and/or licensees.
Prelude Two, occurs experientially when particular – assets are repeatedly described and recognized internally and externally as…
- playing measurable and essential roles in-to a business’s operating culture.
- building – sustaining (business – institution) reputation, competitiveness, and valuation of-to its offerings, products, services, and brands.
- contributing to developing new-additional ways to attract clients-buyers, et al, and generate revenue.
- developing good-better-best ways to legitimately extract more value and competitive advantage from existing – internal intangible assets.
- leading to more consistent development and utilization (leveraging, resourcing) other business things intangible (internally and externally).
Respectfully, the foundations to and underliers of either prelude, are (fiduciarily) obliged to be legitimately, acquired, authentically developed, transparently monitored, and safeguarded.
A good-better-best way to do so is via an aware – alert operating culture.
Otherwise arrays of risks – challenges may materialize and potentially cascade @ keystroke speeds.
Readers of ‘Business Intangible Asset Blog’ are respectfully-encouraged to review other posts where arrays of issues related to business things intangible are experientially researched and authentically and practically expressed.