Michael D. Moberly, Principal, Founder kpstrat and ‘Business Intangible Asset Blog
A business’s intangible assets, especially those which a business is dependent, reliant, and acknowledge as ‘mission essential’, are not mere (operational) abstractions or distractions.
Business things intangible are real, relevant, and important to business leaders, management teams, boards, and investors.
Respectfully, readers are discouraged from debating the significance of this business economic indicator – operational reality…
- 70-80+% of most business’s valuation, competitiveness, and sources of revenue generation today – for the foreseeable future, irrespective of sector, size, products, or services,
- lie in – emerge directly from intangible (non-physical) assets and substantially less so from (conventional) tangible (physical) assets.
The connective pride + strategic confidence I routinely see exhibited by business leaders, management teams, boards, investors, and operating cultures, stems from…
- a sense of attachment to having knowingly contributed to developing, introducing, conveying, sustaining, and honing inputs of,
- the right form (context – application) of intangible asset, e.g., intellectual, structural, and/or relationship capital,
- in the right way, at the right time, at the right cost, competitively, lucratively, and sustainably.
Recognizing + stewarding business things intangible as ‘mission essential’ contributors, can translate as good-better-best practices to retain + safeguard control, use, and ownership of same + mitigate risks.
Also, doing so can…
- distinguish a business, and its’ operating culture, brand, products, services, mission, standing, specializations, and growth potential.
- translate to favorable + sustainable valuations, sector attractivity, competitive advantages, and revenue generation capability-capacity.
The ‘Business Intangible Asset Blog’ is experientially researched, written, and produced by Michael D. Moberly, to provide readers (business leaders, management teams, boards, and investors with reliable perspectives and nuanced insights to distinguish, value, and safeguard business things intangible designated as mission essential.
Readers of this, and other posts, @ Business Intangible Asset Blog’ are-encouraged to offer comments.