Michael D. Moberly, Principal, Founder kpstrat and ‘Business Intangible Asset Blog
This post examines business – institution reputation through the lens of an intangible asset strategist and risk mitigator, i.e., Michael D. Moberly.
Let there be little, or no debate, business – institution – personal reputations are embedded with – largely comprised of collections – compilations of various ‘things intangible’, e.g., perceptions, interpretations, assessments, and perhaps experiences, about people, behaviors, practices, associations, products, services, deliverables, and outcomes.
Readers of this blog are likely to agree, there is no shortage of, nor limits to experiential definitions, descriptions, beliefs, examples, explanations, and rationales about what…
- makes, underlies, or contributes to the reputation of a business or institution, and
- is necessary to sustain – advance same.
I find reputation is seldom (irrespective of whomever – whatever the holder may be) wholly appreciated, recognized, measured, or differentiated for its ‘mission essentiality and favorable sustainability, i.e., contributory roles to (business – institution) valuation, attractivity, competitiveness, and revenue generation enhancement, etc., unless – until…
- particular-doubts-debates arise, cascade, and spark suspicions and/or malicious – salacious ‘connections’ to particular-actions, practices, remarks, lapses, inactions, and outcomes which
- individually, collectively, and suddenly adversely affect business – institution credibility via an array of sources, venues, and platforms we are now accustom.
It should be no secret among business leaders, management teams, boards, and investors that business – reputation reputation holds both internal and external components.
We are obliged to recognize, business, institution, and personal-professional reputation is measurable, observable, qualifiable, quantifiable, and…
- subject to interpretation – assessment via human’s five senses and messages – experiences which some are receptive – sensitive.
- has become less resilient – can fluctuate relative to expressed challenges or doubts which materialize @ keystroke speeds.
There are a host of reasons, rationales, motives, and agendas that such circumstances exist today and probably have elevated in vulnerability, probability, and criticality intensity.
I generally discourage same not be debated, rather fiduciarily obliged to be recognized as prompts – strategies to influence mitigation and defense because they…
- can materialize – cascade asymmetrically @ keystroke speeds irrespective of sector, size, stage, or location.
- have become economic – operational realities – risks for most businesses and institutions.
More on this topic coming…
The ‘Business Intangible Asset Blog’ is experientially researched, written, and produced by Michael D. Moberly (since 2006 – over 1000 long form posts) to provide readers (business leaders, management teams, boards, and investors) with reliable perspectives and nuanced insights to distinguish, value, and safeguard particular-business things intangible designated as mission essential.
Readers of this, and other posts, @ Business Intangible Asset Blog’ are-encouraged to offer comments.