Archive for November, 2016
Michael D. Moberly November 12, 2016 ‘A blog where intangible assets meet business’!
1. Align IA development and use with a company’s strategic planning and core (business) mission and product/service lines.
2. Foster a company-wide IA culture that facilitates asset monitoring and more timely awareness of misappropriation, competitive advantage undermining, and asset value dilution.
3. Forge stronger relationships with legal counsel, auditors, and accountants on all matters related to intangibles and non-financials.
4. Strengthen convergence with knowledge management programs and balanced scorecard initiatives
5. Kick start company-wide strategic planning to achieve fuller utilization, accounting, and value from IA’s.
6. More efficient and effective use of legal counsel and IT resources…
7. Facilitate alignment of financial – risk management planning with asset monitoring, safeguards, and monitoring core strategic objectives that contribute to assessing performance of IA’s.
8. Bring consistency to business accounting and auditing by describing IA’s in revenue conversion – competitive advantage contexts.
9. Provide foundation for developing business continuity and contingency (organizational resilience) planning specific to IA’s to achieve quicker and more complete economic recovery following catastrophic events.
10. Elevate company’s stature and goodwill (reputation) among its customers, suppliers, and investors and gain attention of audiences well beyond a company’s traditional market space.
11. Identify ‘leverage points’ in negotiating IA insurance coverage and premiums…