For research-based startups and maturing company’s, multipliers commence...upon achieving sufficient (operational level) familiarity with intangible assets to distinguish those which are in play and relevant to delivering on value propositions and creating – building competitive advantages.
Recognizing intangible asset rooted multipliers is relevant now…because it is an undisputed economic fact that 80+% of most company’s value, sources of revenue, competitiveness, and sustainability today, lie in – emerge directly from intangibles.
In business – research-based startup arenas, intangible assets are frequently differentiated as…intellectual, structural, and relationship capital, which interestingly, also holds (comparably) true for maturing and mature companies, as well as, Fortune ranked firms.
Intangible asset multipliers manifest to company leadership….
1. through enhanced stewardship, oversight, and management…by recognizing how intangibles are directly relevant to achieving sustainably lucrative business practices that compliment accounting and legal processes. Michael D. Moberly
2. as meaningful, rapid, and strategic assessment of company specific intangibles’ contributory role and value…i.e., which, when, how, and why particular intangibles are in play in particular transactions, thereby making pre-post transaction due diligence more inclusive and conclusive compared to cursory-confirmatory reviews and/or snap-shots-in-time assessments. Michael D. Moberly
3. as recognition for the necessity to conduct pre-post (transaction) due diligence on any intangible assets in play…to add predictability to transaction outcomes by mitigating risk to asset stability, fragility, vulnerability, and defensibility which directly contribute to achieving desired transaction objectives, projected returns, and exit strategy. Michael D. Moberly
4. by favorably changing risk dynamics to focus on the intangible asset in play…i.e., vulnerability, probability, and criticality of adverse acts-events that materialize and manifest as preludes to intangibles becoming entangled in costly, time consuming, momentum stifling, and reputational challenges that undermine the asset’s contributory role, value, competitive advantage, and performance. Michael D. Moberly
5. serving as a foundational prelude to efficient, inclusive, and effective convergence…with IT-computer security, knowledge management, conventional intellectual property enforcements-protections, and forensic accounting – auditing. Michael D. Moberly
6. contributing to building an intangible asset intelligent company culture…to recognize and safeguard intangibles through timely awareness of internal – external actions which can adversely and irreparably affect asset value, competitiveness, and application, e.g., infringement, misappropriation, undermining, etc. Michael D. Moberly
7. serving as foundations to align organizational resilience – continuity – contingency planning …and comprehensive enterprise risk management. Michael D. Moberly
Michael D. Moberly April 20, 2018 St. Louis firstname.lastname@example.org ‘The Business Intangible Asset Blog’ where attention span and action are necessary!